Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Special activation for Japan on OC-228



Based on band conditions and the times I am allowed to be on the island, in the future I will only be visiting OC-228 in the 0400-0800 UTC period on 20m. This is the most productive times for Europe and North America. However for Asia, the band is opening on 20m just as I need to QRT due to rules on the island.

Monday September 19th is a special day in Japan - the National holiday of "Respect for the Aged Day".

With so many amateur radio operators in Japan not needing to be at work, I will be on the air especially to give people a chance to get OC-228 in the log. This is a once off chance for Japan. With a little bit of luck there may be some stations in North America that can get in the log too.

I will be operating on 15m SSB from 2200 UTC on Sunday September 18 to 0200 UTC on Monday September 19.

73s Craig VK5CE


No comments:

Post a Comment