Friday, August 26, 2016

3 hours spent on the island today

Hi Everyone

I was able to operate today from Granite Island OC-228 for a few hours on 20m from 0500 to 0800 UTC.

265 QSO’s in the log with 70% Europe, 20% Asia and 5% North America. I need to do a paper log out there and it is now ready on Club Log at https://secure.clublog.org/logsearch/VK5CE/P_OC228 under the call VK5CE/P_OC228. If you are not in the log but think you’ve made a QSO, email me at vk5ce@yahoo.com.au

Conditions were tough and I could hear the rumble of the pile up but signals were not strong. It was frustrating because NL7V called me and said there many Alaskans calling but I couldn’t hear any of them. I’m sure its frustrating for those calling.

There was always a pile up but the QSO rate wasn’t that fast because I was regularly asking for “North & South America only” or “United Kingdom, EI and Scandinavia only” to try and get these tough paths in the log. I ended up getting 9 UK/EI and 3 Scandinavians in the log. I’ll be doing the same tomorrow. It slows the rate a hell of a lot but I feel its worth it.

For Saturday August 27 I’m at operating on 15m some time around 0100 UTC and I’ll stay there until around 0500 UTC before switching to 20m until around 0700 UTC


73s Craig VK5CE

No comments:

Post a Comment